serves 4 as a side dish
- 300 grams of white cabbage
- 1 small onion, peeled and thoroughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 50 ml rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caster (or brown) sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Shred the cabbage finely (do it by hand and with a knife), mix with the onion and let soak in iced water for 3 minutes or so. Drain, fill in a container and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (but you can leave it there for hours, I’ve already tested it).
When you’re ready to serve, get the cabbage out of the fridge, add – IN THIS ORDER – oil, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce. Make sure to mix in one ingredient after the other. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!